A MORMON MATTERS RETREAT!
“Navigating a Healthy Mormon Journey within the Church”
Led by Natasha Helfer Parker, LCMFT, CST, and Dan Wotherspoon, Ph.D.
26 – 28 AUGUST 2016, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
Many of us find ourselves a bit outside the Mormon norm but still feel committed to continue our journeys as engaged members of the church. This retreat is focused on building community among and strengthening Mormons like us in the following ways:
• Navigating faith development in adulthood, including the integration of new and enriching perspectives within a less-traditional Mormon paradigm
• Creating and nurturing healthy relationships, especially in light of faith and worldview differences
• Finding ways to full and healthy sexuality
• Raising children in ways that encourage them to have confidence and depth as they negotiate various Mormon terrains
• Finding friends/community who have similar outlooks and can offer support
Register for the retreat: click here
(After registering, participants will receive more detailed information about venue, parking, lunch and dinner options, etc.)
Cost: $375 per person (inquire abut partial or full scholarships and volunteering)
Friday (26th): 6 to 10 pm
Saturday (27th): 9 am to 9 pm or later
(includes lunch and dinner, and entertainment afterward—much of it starring you!)
Sunday (28th): 9 am to 5 pm (lunch included)
Contact and Further Information:
For questions about registration, logistics, etc.:
Amy Wengert: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you there! I know it will be something everyone will really enjoy as well as receiving great perspectives, renewed energies, and making new friends!
Note: This will be the first of what we hope are many Mormon Matters retreats. Right now, we are thinking quarterly, and with each retreat focusing on the key issues above but also with good variety of additional topics.