Check below for upcoming dates and places, as well as information about our past events.
“Understanding and Navigating Healthy Perspectives and Journeys within Mormonism”Led by Dan Wotherspoon, Ph.D. Natasha Helfer Parker, LCMFT, CST 13 – 15 October 2017, SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
Many of us find ourselves a bit outside the Mormon norm but still feel committed to continue our journeys as engaged members of the church, or we are committed to a spouse who chooses this. This retreat is focused on building community among and strengthening Mormons like us in the following ways:
- Navigating faith development in adulthood, including the integration of new and enriching perspectives within a less-traditional Mormon paradigm
- Creating and nurturing healthy relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, especially in light of faith and worldview differences
- Establishing and maintaining healthy boundaries that allow for healing and clarity and choosing with whom you are vulnerable and share details about your life and journey
- Finding ways to full and healthy sexuality
- Raising children in ways that encourage them to have confidence and depth as they negotiate various Mormon terrains
- Finding friends/community who have similar outlooks and can offer support
To register for the retreat: click here. (After registering, participants will receive more detailed information about venue, parking, lunch and dinner options, etc.)
Cost: $200 per person; $350 per couple (even two friends or family members deciding to register together). This is a significant registration fee reduction from previous Mormon Matters and other Open Stories Foundation retreats.
If you cannot afford to pay to attend, or can only swing some of the cost, please inquire abut partial or full scholarships and volunteering. We are working hard to encourage people to donate funds for others to attend, and we are happy to put you on a waiting list to see what might unfold.To donate to the scholarship fund, click here. Thank you!
Friday (13th): 6 to 10 pm
Saturday (14th): 9 am to 9 pm or later (includes lunch and dinner, and entertainment afterward—much of it starring you!)
Sunday (15th): 9 am to 5 pm (lunch included)
Contact and Further Information:
For questions about meals or other logistics: Lorri Wotherspoon: email@example.com
To learn more about retreat content, purposes, what to expect, or to inquire about possible scholarships that would allow you to attend: Dan Wotherspoon: firstname.lastname@example.org Natasha Helfer Parker: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at this event! We know it will be something everyone will really enjoy as well as receiving great perspectives, renewed energies, and making new friends!