A set of random questions to aimlessly ponder on a Friday.
- Why the Church building is called a Meetinghouse and the Stake Center used to be called a Stake House?
- Why our weekly Church Service is called a Sacrament Meeting with a Sacrament Service within it?
- Why we need to take the Sacrament on a weekly basis except for Stake and General Conference weekends?
- That we understand “Deacon, Teacher and Priest” pretty well, but what’s up with “Beehive, MIAmaid and Laurel?
- Why we have Sunday School lessons that are 20 years old with very minor updates along the way?
- Why we always thank Heavenly Father for Moisture, not rain, snow or flooding?
- Why some people ask to “bless the hands” that prepared the food, but not the rest of the person?
- If a non-white shirt and facial hair will keep men out of the Celestial Kingdom?
- If “we believe the Bible to be the Word of God so far as it is translated correctly,” why there has been no work done by the Church on a “correct” translation?
- Why we call parties and receptions held on Sunday a “fireside”?
What do you wonder? Be nice….. and cute at least.