I had the opportunity of late to score a read from a family member’s library. This family member is an activist on the fringe set of fundamentalism and preparedness, dabbling into the occult and mysticism as well—happy times! I happened to return it so this will be a bit rusty on the documentation side. The book is called Awakening to Our Awful Situation by Jack Monnet. It even comes with a nifty little CD that explains how the United States took down the World Trade Center. If you want to find this book, you can buy it at the Chevron gas station in Cove Fort at the intersection of I-15 and I-70. Hinckley’s father/grandfather? Ira used to live there in that godforsaken outpost—it’s like a must see for the Utah family vacation—but I digress.
Awakening is another book in a long list of LDS fringe conspiracy literature that begins with heavy firepower from our modern scriptures in setting up the justification for conspiracy by an appeal to the warning of secret combinations, but usually ends up going off the cliff towards the end. There is enough good stuff here methinks that I may esteem the Book of Mormon too lightly. We like to give it the round robin lately with its appeal to Christianity, thanks to Stevenson and Millet, but we are still probably amiss at the lack of attention we give to the politics of Satan. A list of secret combination scriptures should suffice.
We shall start in sequence:
- Moses 5:51 “For, from the days of Cain, there was a secret combination their works were in the dark . . .”
- Ether 11:15 “And it came to pass that there arose a rebellion among the people, because of that secret combination which was built up to get power and gain. . .”
- Helaman 2:8 “. . .and how that it was his object to murder, and also that it was the object of all those who belonged to his band to murder, and to rob, and to gain power, (and this was their secret plan, and their combination)
- Helaman 3:23 “. . .there was continual peace established in the land, all save it were the secret combinations which Gadianton the robber had established in the more settled parts of the land, which at that time were not known unto those who were at the head of government; therefore they were not destroyed out of the land.
- Helaman 6:38 “. . . the Nephites did build them up and support them, beginning at the more wicked part of them, until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites, and had seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.
- 3 Nephi 7:6 “And the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination . . .”
Relating to our day:
- Ether 8: 23-24 “Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, . . . when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you . . .”
- 2 Nephi 26:22 “And there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things . . .”
- D&C 42:64 “And even now, let him that goeth to the east teach them that shall be converted to flee to the west, and this in consequence of that which is coming on the earth, and of secret combinations.”
Monnet then proceeds to elaborate on well-documented historical challenges to orthodoxy about the Federal Reserve, World War I, and the aftermath as well-worn historical examples of modern secret combinations. I mean, if it’s likely according to the Book of Mormon that we have them, why not elaborate? The book relies heavily upon Carrol Quigley’s, Tragedy and Hope, a conspiratorial staple for decades since Quigley describes himself as an insider who got out (just found out that Bill Clinton is a BIG fan of Quigley). The mining of this book, along with other LDS conspiratorial favorites (Skousen, Ezra Taft Benson) leads me to inquire within the pages of the resourced books, since they seem more authentic. Yet, it’s nice (at least for the first part of the book) to have a paraphrased compilation that pulls it all together and modernizes it a bit. For me, it was fairly convincing and challenging to my historical/political consignment that I have furthered my pursuits into this hot topic. Some of the javelins of conspiracy in the book were as follows:
- Early banking, aristocratic, and high bourgeoisie meddling was commonplace in Europe during the 19th Century and increased after 1830 (hmmmm). They found during the Napoleonic wars that they could make money peddling death, and that it helped to give them more control over people and nations. Thus spawned the American Civil War, the Prussian wars of the 1870’s (Second Reich), and the various British skirmishes hop scotching all over the globe.
- Well-known banking and business families: Rockefeller, Carnegie, and Morgan families helped to create the Federal Reserve in 1913 after the Panic of 1911, giving them control of the money supply and created a sort of shadow government. WWI, the Income Tax amendment, and the League of Nations were an early attempt at global government. Jonah Goldberg’s Liberal Fascism is a more extensive treatment of this era.
- They repeated the same thing in the 1930’s (FED creating an economic pandemic as a pretext for war, as a pretext for war profiteering and global control through the United Nations).
- These banking entities funnel their money into not-for-profit foundations that fund the Council on Foreign Relations, the Carnegie, Rockefeller, and Ford foundations. These foundations pretty much fund the testing and curriculum standards in public school, and are the funding and granting mechanisms for the modern scientific discovery process. They basically fund and encourage scientific discovery ONLY in areas that further their agenda (atheism, new world order-ism, sexual hedonism, etc.).
- Through their shadow control of the civil/bureaucratic and sometimes political elements of Washington, the drug war in the 1970’s-today was engineered to take control of the drug trade and profit from it, not destroy the drug trade.
- 9-11 was engineered and orchestrated by this group to bring us to war, oil profiteer, and bring the roguish nations of the Middle East under the New World Order. Iraq is also part of this effort (the book doesn’t separate Iraq Gulf War I from Iraq Shock and Awe II). The added benefit is deficits for the USA, thus a crashing economy, thus a world currency and international rescue and control, and voila, Euromexamericanada, UN dominance with the shadow satanic government behind it all.
This is where the book starts to go off the mark for me. I’m not altogether convinced that these secret organizations (Council of Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, etc.) have got it all put together and that there are no surprises. Sometimes the dots are connected too easily with little ambiguity or mistake. I’m also a little skeptical of well-worn conspiracy when the Book of Mormon indicates that it will be SECRET. There is also little, if scant, acknowledgement of the rise of radical Islam, and if it is noticed, it is cursorily brushed aside as a pawn of the great world bankers to bring down the United States or to be used as a big stick to bring the Middle East under the wing. It seems as if every world event has to fit the 1960’s Cold War template as well. I, for one, can believe in competing conspiracies that sometimes get in the way of each other, rise and fall in importance, are replaced, or face obsolescence. Of course, the Book of Mormon shows one big conspiracy and so maybe I’m wrong. Monnet has to circumscribe everything into the thesis/antithesis/synthesis of the dialectic between communism and capitalism as a distraction to worldwide domination by global corporate fascism and working class socialism where left wings and right wings are chicken meat to a global elite intent on having the whole cow. While I do not doubt those intentions and have begun to transcend traditional politics now looking at policy more through the lens of sovereignty and liberty, I do doubt that they have drawn and quartered every world event. Were I to make a comprehensive list of modern secret combinations, undoubtedly there is probably little honor among thieves here. A partial list would suffice and show that almost any party to modern world power is probably to some extent or another, a secret combination (murder/war to get gain/power in secret):
- The Mafias (Italian, Chinese, Russian, etc.)
- Drug Cartels, Street Gangs, Pornography Peddlers, Prostitution Rings
- World Banking Elites and Old World aristocracies, various Federal Reserves
- New World Order Groups (Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission, etc., UN committee groups, World Bank, World Court, IMF, academia)
- Global Communism through (World Worker Party, Critical Theory, Cultural/sexual revolution, International ANSWER, Chinese Communist Party, South American Communism, academia AGAIN)
- Various traditional nationalist groups (neo-Nazism, neo-Russian nationalism, KKK, Aryan Nations)
- Islamic Fascism, Islamic Radicalism, Islamic Natioanlism
- Factions of the Democratic Party (Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Clinton)
- Factions of the Republican Party (Ike, Nixon, Bush, Bush Jr.)
- Big Oil, Big Defense Contractor, Big K Street, Big Saudi Royalty
- Various and covert black ops sub agencies (CIA, IRS, DOD, DOJ, FBI, NSA, FEMA, Homeland Security)
- The Catholic Church
- African Warlords, Indian Thuggee cult, Navajo Skinwalkers
- The Mountain Meadows Perpetrators, Danites, and Church Security
- My Grandmother’s Enchilada Recipe
As you can see, unless they have a big club meeting once a week at Satan’s house, I highly doubt they all work hand-in-hand. I suspect this is where the book goes of course and denies itself to the austere shelves of the Deseret Book. I felt like a lawyer who was constantly objecting to the judge on the grounds of speculation. It was, however, an interesting read, and in these times, I enjoy getting my hands on everything I can because of all of the weird economic coincidences and the event dominoes that have been falling in line (this book was published two years ago). As well, since my faith in mankind has kind of been shattered lately, I have been putting my trust more in the arms of the scriptures, the Priesthood, any my own inspiration. So I guess it has its side benefits. Merry global conspiracy day to you all and a happy Greater Depression!