This post is another installment in my “5 Cool Things” series. Today I’m giving a list, again in no particular order, of some things that are cool about the 2008 race for President of the United States. I have tried to make the list from the angle of not knowing or anticipating which candidate will win.
- We will either have a black man, or a woman, in the White House.
- Conservative Christians and Mormons will now have a precedent set for supporting a woman with a young family as being more appropriate for a very high-ranking, important, and demanding job than a man.
- The dynamic personalities of Obama and Palin will attract a lot of otherwise uninterested folks who will then get some exposure to the important issues facing our country.
- Regardless of which candidate wins, and as long as they are telling the truth, most of us will see tax savings, less dependence on foreign oil, and some assistance towards making health care more affordable.
- All of the candidates for the office of President can pronounce the word “nuclear”. (Let’s hope for whole tickets possessing this remarkable ability in 2012!)